August 28, 2021, Daddy and Daughter Dance
The “Daddy & Daughter Dance” is an event targeting fathers and male caregivers and their daughters or daughter figures, ages 7 to 24 yrs.
Our primary objectives are:
- To raise awareness to the importance of the positive relationship between fathers/male caregivers and their daughters or daughter figures.
- To provide information and an enjoyable environment for connecting and strengthening the bond between fathers/male caregivers and their daughters or daughter figures.
San Bernardino Fatherhood anticipates the outcomes of this event are:
- Increase public awareness on the importance of positive father involvement.
- Increase community opportunities that support a culture of positive father involvement.
- Increase the high school graduation rate by promoting a culture of father involvement in children’s education.
- Strengthen the family structural by supporting a culture of positive father involvement.
- Increase opportunities for supportive services for teenage mothers and fathers by supporting a culture of positive father involvement.
- Increase safety networks against child sexual exploitation and sex trafficking by bring about awareness and promoting the importance of positive father involvement in the lives of children.
The theme for this year’s event is “Fathers Loving Daughters”. Information will be provided on the importance of fathers and/or father-figures expressing “love” toward their daughters or daughter figures based on the book, “The Five Love Languages”, by author Gary Chapman.
Afterwards, there will be a formal (voluntary) ceremony with fathers committing to love their daughters and daughters committing to honor their fathers.
Other activities during this event (usually) includes: Food (catered), Music (DJ), Dance, Door Prizes, Photo Booth, and lots of FUN!