We provide educational classes and resources that are evidence based and best practices to engage and empower men in responsible fatherhood.
WHAT WE DO FOR FATHERS
OUR FATHER AND PARENT CLASSES
24/7 Dad (AM)
The beginning (AM) fathering program:
12 (group) sessions, 2-hour/sessions.
The 24/7 Dad Fathering program is an evidence-based fatherhood program used by thousands of organizations across the nation to improve the knowledge, behavior, and skills of dads of all races, religions, and demographics.
The program is built on the basis that fathers can be nurturers, and for men, nurturing is a learned skill.
Throughout the program, men examine their own fatherhood history, learn the 5 characteristics of a 24/7 Dad, and other important behaviors; such as, working with mom and proper child discipline.
Each session covers:
24/7 Dad Key Behaviors Workshop
This one day, 8-hour, group workshop, covers 7 sessions, 1-hour/session.
Whether they’ve participated in 24/7 Dad Fathering program or not, and men can participate in this one day workshop with confidence. They will learn the first 10 behaviors that are associated with each of the five characteristics of the 24/7 Dad. The last two behaviors teaches them the importance of
“paying it forward’ and “community engagement”.
A practical workshop to help men learn the importance of developing and applying
the 12 key behaviors of a 24/7 Dad:
Fathering in 15
An online learning tool to increase the father’s awareness, knowledge and skills to be a good Dad. The benefits to this online tool are:
1. There are 15 fathering topics that takes approximately 15 minutes to complete.
2. Dads can work on it at their own pace on a Smart or IPhone, laptop or computer.
3. Dads can complete the Pre/Post survey for performance evaluation.
4. Dads can receive a Certificate of Completion after completing all 15 subject areas.
Domestic Violence Education and Prevention Workshop
A 4-hour or stand-alone domestic violence education and prevention workshop for Dads. The objectives of this workshop are:
1. To create a bridge between fathering programs and domestic violence prevention advocates.
2. To create an awareness of domestic violence and encourage men to seek help early and to decrease the impact of intimate partner abuse.
3. To teach men what domestic violence is and how it can negatively impact others.
4. To provide men with strategies to seek support for themselves and others (e.g., children, mother, etc.).
This educational workshop addresses the following areas of domestic violence:
Life Skills Education Series for (Non-Custodial) Fathers
Five separate 2-hour sessions for non-custodial fathers to help them succeed as involved, committed, and responsible fathers.
Workshops topics educating fathers and non-custodial fathers in the following areas:
Understanding Dad (for Moms)
A 2-hours, 8 sessions program, that helps mothers to improve their relationship with fathers for the benefit of their children.
Understanding Dad raises mothers’ awareness about the importance of father involvement in the lives of their children. It helps mothers to reflect on how their own developmental histories have and continue to influence the relationships with the fathers of their children.
It also teaches mothers communication skills to improve the partnership between them and the fathers of their children in raising their children (e.g. co-parenting when mothers and fathers are no longer together).
san bernardino fatherhood
Helping Children, Strengthening Families by Equipping dads
Learn about how we provide education, resources, and advocacy for fathers in San Bernardino