FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 17, 2021
San Bernardino Fatherhood collaborates with Fathers Incorporated, local schools, and other schools across the nation in the Million Fathers March.
The Million Fathers March (MFM) is an opportunity for dads, uncles, grandfathers, coaches, mentors, clergy, men’s groups and organizations to show their commitment to the educational lives of their children throughout the school year by escort children to school on this specific day.
Local schools and schools across the nation are encouraged and assisted with engaging in activities that support the theme, “Real Dads Read (RDR).” Reading is a fundamental skill necessary for children to succeed in life as adults.
A one-day event encouraging dads and/or father-figures to be involved in their children’s education throughout the school year. Other ideas for this event are:
- Escorting your child to school on this “special day”.
- Making breakfast for your child
- Reading with or to your child.
- Helping your child with an assignment or school subject
- Talking with your child about school or their virtual class.
- Reading a book together.
- Researching something of your child’s interest on the internet.
- Writing a story together.
- Joining or starting a reading club.
- Writing an elder relative a letter with your child.
- Commit to volunteering at your child’s school this year.
- Posting a picture (#MFM2021) of you and your child in an educational activity.
- Attending a school/parent engagement meeting. (e.g., ELAC, AAPAC, etc.)